Saturday, October 13, 2012

The ItsyBitsy Butterfly Die

First off, we wanted to say that we're so kicked with the response to our 'Make it Dimensional' Challenge. We're not even half way through the month and we've got a staggering 25 entries, some of which are absolutley stunning. And we want to announce the plan for the winners: Since we always recognize TWO winners who get Rs. 1000 vouchers each from our store, we will also be announcing SIX finalists, who from this challenge on will get a badge to display on their blogs. So keep the entries coming crafters! There's much at stake!

The ItsyBitsy new range of cutting dies called Thin Cuts, continue to impress me. They're really affordable and work just like all the other dies, making crisp clean cuts in a variety of designs. I just tried out the ItsyBitsy Butterfly Die and have to say, I simply love it. The set of 3 comes with 3 different butterflies, perfect to embellish a card project or scrapbook layout. Here is a card I made using the die along with a close up of the butterfly.



I've been toying with the idea of coloring outline stamps for the longest time. I was finally ready to take the plunge and now I'm addicted. I just love all the shading and touching up. Such a pleasure!! I used the ItsyBitsy Oval die to cut out my colored stamp and backed it up with a green glitter foam scallop oval. I placed both on top of a piece of white card stock embossed with one of my favorite ItsyBitsy Embossing folders. The card was finished with my freshly die cut butterflies and some glitter blooms from ItsyBitsy.

I've made another video demonstrating the die and how it works. You can watch it here. To stay connected with all our tutorials and demos, subscribe to our YouTube Channel.



Have you tried out our Thin Cuts dies? Let us know! We'd love to hear feedback and see your projects. Leave a comment and tell us all about it.

13 comments:

  1. amazing coloring Sunehra.... :-)...and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Khushboo. I'm pretty pleased with the final result.

      Delete
  2. Its such a beautiful card Sunhera...and I absolutely love the coloring you have done!!am quite excited about the new dies that Itsy bitsy has launched...and as soon as I get my diecutting machine this is one product on my must buy list!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hussena - you are a really fantastic crafter. Would never have guessed you don't have a die cutting machine. That just shows how talented you are to be creating such masterpieces without the heavy duty tools.

      Delete
  3. superb card Sunehra..and awesome colouring! I love the colours..and the image is so cute.. :) and the 'badge' idea is pretty cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sindhu - glad you appreciate the card and the badge idea. You guys are really submitting fantastic stuff so we felt more recognition was in order. All the best!

      Delete
  4. Lovely card and pretty colors...Love the itsy bitsy badge idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sathya - love your submissions. All the best!!

      Delete
  5. soo cute ....d card looks :)
    lovely:)

    ReplyDelete