Thursday, July 13, 2017

Crafter in The Spotlight 58 - Itsy Bitsy


Thursdays are special and you know why! On this day, every week we get to hear about the creative journey of a talented crafter. This time I am going to share the story of Ann Geo in ‘Crafter in the Spotlight’.

Ann works in the IT industry in Bangalore and her journey from the digital world to the handmade arena has an interesting story. She discovered her passion for crafting while engaging her son in creative projects. She enjoys up-cycling everyday things and working with home décor projects. rustic and whimsical themes are her personal favourites.

How did Ann get into crafting, what inspires her, what are her tips for fellow crafters, her favourite quote, how would she contribute to the crafting world if she had magical powers? Read answers to all these questions, discover more about her interesting journey and catch a glimpse of a step by step project by Ann in this interview. Don't forget to leave your comments for her.




Rashmi Closepet, MD, Itsy Bitsy:    Tell us a bit about yourself & your background?
Ann: I am honoured to share my journey here as Itsy Bitsy. I'm Ann and I work in the IT industry as a User Experience Design Consultant. For over 10 years, designing digital apps and learning about how people experience digital products. I grew up and live in Bangalore, India with my husband and young son. They inspire me daily and make me use my creativity in new ways.

RC: How did you get into crafting?
Ann: I began with kid’s crafts to engage my little one and with an intention of documenting and sharing our creative activities. I launched my blog in 2016, which led to a whole new adventure in Art, Craft and Home Decor. It's been an enriching experience to learn, explore creative techniques, photograph and blog about these projects. I believe that in the process of creating something new, you may find a hidden flair or a talent that was buried deep inside you all your life that you can now proudly list as one of your abilities.

RC: What is your favourite type of craft?
Ann: I enjoy creating home decor and up-cycling daily objects into something exquisite.

RC: What are your favourite products at Itsy Bitsy?
Ann: I love everything at Itsy Bitsy, although there is a special fondness for the Chalk Paints and floral embellishments.

RC: If you had magical powers, how would you contribute to the Crafting world?
Ann: If I did have that magic wand, I'd create a whimsical crafter studio.

RC: Your prized possession in your craft stash from Itsy Bitsy?
Ann: Handmade flowers, butterfly embellishments, chalk paints and decoupage napkins. 

RC: How would you describe your style of crafting?
Ann: I love to create projects with a rustic and whimsical look and feel.

RC: How do you organize your time for crafting?
Ann: I spend a couple of wee hours of the morning on weekdays to craft.

RC: Tips for people who want to craft
Ann: Crafting means taking creativity into your own hands by assembling or making something yourself and this approach gives you the ability to add your own personal touch to every little thing.

RC: Your all -time favourite quote?
Ann: "I think baking cookies is equal to Queen Victoria running an empire. There's no difference in how seriously you take the job, how seriously you approach your whole life."

 - Martha Stewart 

Here is a gorgeous project by  Ann Geo & step by step procedure:




Paint the outside of  mason jar with chalk paint of your choice of color (I used Rainy Day from Little Birdie's Chalk Paint range). That's my little one painting the jar.



             
Allow time to dry for  about 30 minutes.



There are various ways to further upcycle the product with embellishments. I’m using a jute twine and handmade paper flower


That’s it,  So simple! Your chalk painted mason jar is ready to flaunt.





Here are a couple of Ann's other awesome creations:







Many congrats Ann Geo  for being the CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT – ITSY BITSY!!




You will receive Rs.500/- Itsy Bitsy gift voucher 😊😊 & a Crafter in the Spotlight badge, which can be proudly displayed on the side bar of your blog and other platforms. Looking forward to many more creations, Happy Crafting!

5 comments: