Thursday, November 10, 2016

Crafter In The Spotlight 23 - Itsy Bitsy

Hello friends!! Itsy Bitsy brings you "CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT" – a unique way of encouraging and appreciating the talented crafters. We recognize talented crafters week after week, turn the spotlight on them & feature them in our "CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT"! We love what you talented crafters create & are amazed at each of your unique creations every single day! We love the way you use Itsy Bitsy products & give life to those products.

We are delighted to introduce & feature yet another Crafter this week ! This week’s crafter in the Spotlight for November 2016 is “Apurva Salkar Parulekar”! A graduate in Marketing, this talented crafter from the land of the beaches, Goa, felt she was never meant for a 9-5 job & started her own Crafting Business working from home !

Card Making & Mini Albums is what she loves & her creations are Simple & Neat. Her favourite quote, how would she contribute to crafting world if she had magical powers?? To know all these & more about her exciting journey, please read the interview & leave your comments for her.

Here are excerpts of my interview with Apurva :

Rashmi Closepet, MD, Itsy Bitsy : Tell us a bit about yourself & your background?
Apurva Salkar Parulekar  : First of all, I would like to thank you Rashmi and team Itsy Bitsy for giving me such an honour. It really means alot to me.
Hi All, I am Apurva Salkar Parulekar from Goa. I am a B.Com Graduate in Marketing and Run my Own Small Venture from Home. I live with my small family - in-laws and a very supporting and loving husband.

RC : How did you get into crafting?
AS : I used to make cards for family and friends from childhood but I had never looked at a profession. They started taking cards from me seeing my cards though they were very simple and basic. When I was completing my B.Com, I knew I was never meant for a 9 to 5 job. Crafting makes me happy and satisfied. The love for crafting led me to take it as a profession. I never attended any course or workshop and everything what I have learnt is from internet and you tube. Facebook pages of other crafters inspire a lot too.

RC : What is your favourite type of craft?
AS : Card making and Mini Albums are my favourite among all the products I make.

RC : What are your favourite products at Itsy Bitsy?
AS : Patterned Papers, Stamps, Embellishments are on my top list when I Visit IB. Now stencils too are added to my list.

RC : If you had magic powers, how would you contribute to the Crafting world?
AS : If I had magic powers I would have each Crafters wish - be it having craft supplies which we don't get easily in India and even abroad.

RC :Your prized possession in your craft stash from Itsy Bitsy?
AS : My prized possession in My Craft Stash from Itsy Bitsy Without a doubt is My Big Shot machine. 

RC :How would you describe your style of crafting?
AS : Every Crafter has their own style of Crafting. I like to keep my projects Simple and without much Embellishments. 

RC :How do you organize your time for crafting?
AS : Family support is very important in if you're a Crafter. By God’s grace, I am blessed with a wonderful family. Being a Housewife, i usually get some free time in the afternoon. Which I fully utilise for crafting. When I have any orders to be delivered I work almost wholeday balancing my responsibilities in the house too.

RC :Tips for people who want to craft?
AS : People should not just hop on craft supplies available in the market when they start crafting. One should give some time and understand their forte and buy supplies according to it.

Here is a gorgeous project by Apurva & step by step description :

Easy Mix Media Canvas Panel

Materials Required:

Canvas Panel
Acrylic Paint
Stencil
Distress Ink
Stamp Set
Black Ink
Mod Podge

Technique:

1. First Paint the Canvas Panel with Acrylic Paint of Your Choice (lighter shade is better) and let it dry Completely. I have used light pink colour.

2. Place the Stencil of your choice on the dried Canvas Panel and using a co-ordinating Distress Ink or any other ink of your choice and blending tool make the design on the Canvas. (I have used the Worn Lipstick Distress Ink)

3. After the panel is ready, decorate the panel using stamps and Sentiments of Your Choice. When you are done apply mod Podge and let it dry. Your Canvas is Ready.......!!

Here are a couple of Apurva 's other awesome creations:





Many congrats Apurva for being the CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT – ITSY BITSY

You will receive Rs.500/- Itsy Bitsy gift voucher :-) :-) & a Crafter in the Spotlight badge, which can be proudly displayed on the side bar of your blog and other platforms. Looking forward to many more creations, Happy Crafting!

1 comment: