Thursday, August 11, 2016

Crafter In The Spotlight 10 - Itsy Bitsy

Hello friends!! Itsy Bitsy brings you "CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT" – a unique way of encouraging and appreciating the talented crafters. We recognize talented crafters week after week, turn the spotlight on them & feature them in our "CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT"! We love what you talented crafters create & are amazed at each of your unique creations every single day! We love the way you use Itsy Bitsy products & give life to those products. 

We are delighted to announce this week’s Crafter In the Spotlight – August 2016 “Anila Dikay”! An Interior Designer by profession, this talented crafter has also taught craft at a reputed Mumbai school! Anila loves Paper Crafting & Decoupage seems to be her current favourite! Her creations are elegant & stunning & she seems to create magic with boxes & trays! To find out more about her, her all – time favourite quote & what she would do if she had magical powers, please visit our blog  & leave your valuable comments.

CONGRATULATIONS Anila! Wishing you loads of success on your creative Journey!

Here are excerpts of my interview with Anila:
Rashmi Closepet, MD, Itsy BitsyTell us a bit about yourself & your background?
Anila Dikay : I am an Interior Designer by profession.   I expanded my interest towards art and craft and took up a job as a Craft teacher with a reputed school in Mumbai, along with freelancing interior projects.

RC: How did you get into crafting?
AD: I guess being from a creative background, any kind of creativity calls me.  

RCWhat is your favourite type of craft?
ADI can't really pen it down.  I love papers, and enjoy paper crafting a lot.  But I love others too equally. 

RCWhat are your favourite products at Itsy Bitsy?
ADNow that's a real difficult question.  I love all the products,  though I got a very good chance of exploring the white washed alterable boxes this time.  

RCWhat products from Itsy Bitsy do you think are must have’s for a crafter?
ADEVERYTHING!  You never know what mood are you up to on a given day.  So better to stock up. 

RCWhat product would you like to see at Itsy Bitsy?
ADI think Itsy Bitsy already has almost everything needed.  

RCYou draw inspiration from?
ADCreative people around and Self. 

RCWhat are your other interests?
ADReading,  blogging (sometimes) 

RCIf you had magic powers, how would you contribute to the Crafting world ?
ADHaha...  I don't know about that... But with the magical powers I would make sure there is nothing which my collection doesn't have.  

RCYour prized possession in your craft stash?
ADAll my things are equally precious...  But definitely I would say my tools are my prized possessions.  

RCHow would you describe your style of crafting?
ADI am at a loss for words.  I think you can tell that for me. 

RCHow do you organize your time for crafting?
ADEach and every minute of my day is alloted to crafting.  You should ask me how I manage my other work.. ;).  On a serious note,  I keep my afternoons and other times when I am alone for crafting.  The remaining time crafting happens in my mind.

RCTips for people who want to craft?
AD: Just go for it!  Nothing like making something creative.

RC: Your all -time favourite quote?
AD: I believe in destiny.  I think if things are to happen they happen no matter what. 

Here are a couple of Anila's awesome creations :


Many congrats Anila for being the CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT - ITSY BITSY :-) :-)

You will receive Rs 500/- Itsy Bitsy gift voucher :-) :-) & a Crafter in the Spotlight badge, which can be proudly displayed on the side bar of your blog.
Also, visit our Youtube channel to view & to know more about this crafter – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8joQMZ6Ve04

Looking forward to many more creations, Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Anila. Very proud of you. Keep up your good work using Itsy Bitsy ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Anila! Keep up your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete