Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Baby Scrapbook with the Big B's - Beads, Brads, Bows and BLING

A dear dear friend of mine is expecting her first baby in a few weeks and asked me to make something for the tiny tot. I suggested a baby scrapbook and she was immediately on board. I picked up an Itsy Bitsy spiral bound blank scrapbook. It contained 50 sheets of different colored A4 card stock and suited me just fine. I'm still working on the cover and the opening page but here's a glimpse of the next few pages.  The best thing about a scrapbook is that it gives you the opportunity to try out a variety of techniques and ideas within a single project. So far I have been able to introduce die cutting, embossing, stamping not to mention a whole lot of creative thinking.

 Products Used for Page 2 and 3:
  1. Green Glitter Sheet
  2. Brown Card stock
  3. Baby borders
  4. Baby Stickers
  5. Scallop circle die
  6. 3d Bitty Bow
  7. DCWV 6.5 inch by 4.5 inch set of 72 sheets
  8. A variety of random stamps


Products Used for Page 4 and 5:
  1. Petite Daisies
  2. DCWV 6.5 inch by 4.5 inch set of 72 sheets
  3. Pearl stickers
  4. Grosgrain Ribbon
  5. Glitter photo corners
  6. Scallop rectangle die
  7. Random stamps

Product used for the Page 5 and 6
  1. DCWV 6.5 inch by 4.5 inch set of 72 sheets
  2. Vellum Sheet
  3. Pattern Paper
  4. Handmade letters
  5. Baby decals
  6. Foam glitter flowers
  7. Random stamps

Product used for the Page 7 and 8
  1. DCWV 6.5 inch by 4.5 inch set of 72 sheets
  2. ItsyBitsy Embossing Folder - Spots
  3. Yellow card stock
  4. Distress Alpha Stamps
  5. Glitter heart stickers
  6. Baby Nursery Stickers
  7. Satin ribbon
It would take a great deal of typing to explain in detail how I put together each page consider there is a fair amount of embellishing on each. So I thought I would just list out the products and if any one has any specific queries, we can discuss them over the comments.... What say!

There will be more posts about this baby book because I'm quite immersed in the project. I'm brimming with ideas and can't wait to bring them to life and share them with you. Till then, leave a comment and let me know what you think of the work in progress as you my fellow crafters are my principle source of inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. Oh!! These are just so beautiful . Love the one with cradle and toys , wonderful family tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Jyoti. The family tree idea was borrowed from a printed baby book which I received in blue for my son and again in pink for my daughter. Had to recreate it then - shah

      Delete
  2. sunehra, this is kool stuff, such adorable baby embellies, love them !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shubhra - ItsyBitsy has the most adorable baby stickers and embellishments. Just love them. So easy to do a baby book with them available.

      Delete
  3. I picked up the same scarpbook from Itsy bisty but have never scrapbooked so have to muster up the courage to use it!! Love the ruffled ribbon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonia you're the Queen Bee of the Crafting World. You gotta do a scrapbook. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Im sure it will be really interactive with sliding and pop up touches. Get to it!!!

      Delete