Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Beautiful 50 Giftbox using Forever and Always Paper pack

Hey Guys

This is Mukta here and I want to share my new project with you all. Before that, I would like to thank Rashmi Harish, Anitha Mallesh and Itsy Bisty for this opportunity to associate myself with them and do a guest DT post here.....Its truly feels amazing!!

The new paper pack Forever and Always is filled with beautiful gold embossed papers which are just the right shade of gold.....not too subtle and not to bright...so in love!!! These linen papers are sturdy and really good quality and when I saw them, I immediately though of doing a celebratory project. So I made this gift box to celebrate my aunt's 50th Birthday......with a nice gift. I used few more new products from Itsy Bitsy to make my gift box and I will list the supplies at the end of the post and if you are interested you can stop by and shop.

I have started by making a 4 1/4" by 6 1/4" , 1 3/4" trapezoidal box using chipboard. To hold it shut, I have used 2 strong magnets which are 10 mm thick. I coated the edges of the box with black gesso and let them dry before I started covering the box with pattern paper from the new Forever and Always paper pack.


After I was done covering the box, I started with the cover. I layered the pattern paper with some glitter covered paper. To make this, I used white cardstock and added red tacky tape to the edges. Then I sprinkled some Fairy Dust in Tawny Gold on it to cover it completely and then brushed off the excess.....got my very own custom colored glitter paper. You can achieve the same effect by using the new Texture Tack too, which is very recently launched by Itsy Bitsy to adhere small beads, glitter and more to any paper to give it some texture....a must have in my opinion.

I distressed the edges of the pattern paper to give it more of a shabby chic appearance and added it to the gold glitter sheet using some dimensional foam tape. In the center I added one of the frames which are a part of the pattern paper. I fussy cut it and added it using some foam dimensional tape as well just to raise it above the paper and draw attention to it.


I then added die cuts and handmade flowers, along with some rose buds, single pollen flowers and pearls using silicon glue. I used the newly launched wild roses and to add more depth I heat embossed it with gold embossing powder and while it was still hot I sprinkled some fairy dust in tawny gold on it. I completed the box with chipboard shapes 'Beautiful' and '50' which I heat embossed with gold and black embossing powder.


Now for the list of supplies used:

Forever And Always 12x12 Inch Stack


Forever And Always 12x12 Inch Stack (Inside)

Chipboard - Charming Words 4pcs

Fairy Dust - Tawny Gold 10gm

PEARL BEADS PLASTIC 3MM WHITE 

PEARL BEADS PLASTIC 10MM CREAM 


SILICON LIQUID GLUE 100ML IB

Wild Rose - Sun Shine 8pcs

DOUBLE-SIDED TACKY TAPE 1/2"

CARD STOCK BRIGHT WHITE 270 GSM 12X12


 I hope you all liked my project.

4 comments: