This is Suman Pandit here to announce the third challenge of 2017.
Creations using the Little Birdie Matt CHALK Acrylic paints ITSY BITSY CHALLENGE#3-2017 Theme -Anything Goes using Little Birdie Matt Chalk Acrylic paints
Here are some guidelines to participate. Simple & easy to follow –
- Submission can be a Scrapbook layout, card making, journal cover, DIY, Mixed Media and general crafting projects.
- The product should feature Little Birdie Matt Chalk Acrylic paints. Using Itsy Bitsy product is a must to qualify.
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments.
- Entries can be submitted until 30th of March 2017.
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please add numbers 1,2,3 while submitting multiple entries.
- Please link to your post and not just your blog.
- In your blog post, create a link back to this page.
- Only projects posted during the Challenge period are eligible (no backlinking).
- Entries are welcome from all over the world however if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- If you don't have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our FB group page Itsy Bitsy Crafter's Cafe with the hashtag - #itsybitsychallenge317 & add the link here.
Available in 14 pretty shades, the easy to use chalk acrylic paints have a perfect consistency for spreading with rollers, sponge and brush. Great for mixed media projects and home decor applications, you can also use sandpaper or a dampened sanding block for a layered, chipped or distressed look…..best part is these are a lot easier to use than you might think!!
• Easy to use as there's no priming required.
• The Chalk paints by Little Birdie have excellent adhesion and they work well on wood, MDF, metal, terracotta, ceramics, laminate, paper and even glass.
• You can brush it on, roll it on or even use the sponge.
• The paints are water-based so the cleanup is really easy.
• They have no odor.
• Most colors will give you complete coverage with just one coat.
• The colors are intermixable, allowing you to get that perfect match.
• These paints can be sanded when dry but could also be distressed to give you the perfect vintage look.
• They dry very fast and give a slight texture and a matte finish.
• When you finish your project just make sure to clean the tops of the bottles and the lids so that when you want to start a new project, the caps open up easily for you.
So, now I hope you're ready to try Little Birdie Chalk finish paints, start new projects and create beautiful pieces of your own !!
So now let us have a look at my inspiration projects .....
Project 1: Decoupage with Chalk paints on Bamboo tray
For this project I have used PINK BALLET, FRENCH ROSE, SNOW AND RAINY DAY shades of Chalk Paints. I love the soft shades of these pinks and chose a Decoupage Napkin with very soft colors.
1. I gave a base coat on the Bamboo tray with Gesso and then with SNOW Chalk paint.
2. Adhered the Decoupage napkin with Gel Medium using a damp sponge to press the tissue on the textured surface.
3. Let dry and then lightly sprayed with Varnish so that the tissue is prepared for some paints.
4. Using a sponge and the chalk paints in similar shades as the tissue, painted the background and the edges of the tray.
5. Added some texture stamping with a Script stamp and Archival Ink.
6. Sealed it all with Spray Varnish.
Project 2: A Gift Box and a Paint Brush Holder
This is an Up-cycled project ........ started with cutting a Liquor box in half.....
to create a paint Brush holder and a Gift box.......
I have used TATTERED LACE and DRIFTWOOD Shades of chalk paints for this.
1. Two coats of Tattered lace on the top and bottom one-third portion of the box, no need to paint the middle portion as that will get covered with the burlap ribbon.
2. Used Burlap ribbon + corrugated packaging sheet + Crochet lace + Flowers, pearls, sentiment, burlap birds from the store to embellish.
3. Created splatters using Driftwood chalk Paints.
Please remember, using Itsy Bitsy products is a MUST for your entries to qualify. We expect to see plenty of gorgeous creations from you. Just a gentle reminder, entries have to come in by 30th March, 2017. Please follow the rules mentioned above to qualify.
All the best to craft enthusiasts in your March endeavor. Get..Set…Go!!!
Do visit us again as we bring you loads of inspiration using new products every month.
Looking forward to your creations
LINK YOUR ENTRIES HERE