Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Jounal cover with chevron paper


Hello My Dear Friends,

             I am back again today with a blog post to inspire you with a simple and elegant project.
I hope you all have the chevron in aquarelle paper pack with you already. If you have not yet grabbed it from the store, then you have missed the best papers from ItsyBitsy.

                              The best thing here is, they are linen and acid free and very comfortable for any style of work. So, I have decided I will use a little bit of mixed media touch to it.

Come on let me show you the pics, I really can't wait to share them with you .....









Let me share the process how I made this journal/planner cover :
  • Cut the paper according to the size of your journal/planner cover and stick it with Itsy Bitsy silicon glue.
  • The paper from chevron in aquarell comes in 12 x 12 size, so you will have some paper left over with you.  Use any border punch on the left, over the piece of paper.
  • I have used two punched papers. Approximate size of the paper pieces laid on top is around 3 x 3. Align the punched paper on the center of the cover so that they overlap each other. Stick  with glue.
  • Now its time to do some stenciling with my favourite stencil and extraordinary Monte Marte modelling paste from the store.
  • Once everything is dry, I chose flowers and Little birdie chipboards to embellish the cover.
  • I covered my little birdie chipboard with white gesso. Once dry, glue it down in the right place. You can check the close up looks of the cover.
  • Splatter some colours using colour splash sprays and white gesso. last but not the least, distress the edges of the cover with any matching ink. I have used distress inks which matches this colour. 
You can also see in the picture below that I have used some white lace and jute cord for adding some extra charm to the white flowers.

                                  Hope you liked it! Give it a try and make your planner/journal cover more interesting with the beautiful papers from store. you can also try the same method to make a card, tag or an album cover. Possibilities are endless when you grab awesome and affordable papers from Itsy Bitsy store. The colours are amazing in every stack and quality of papers is too good.

                           We are waiting to see your amazing creations at our blog challenge this month. Make your hands messy this weekend! Just click pics of your project and upload it at Itsy Bitsy Challenge.
 If you are here with me till the end, let me share an idea with you, why don't you try to use the amazing papers from the store on white washed alterable to take part in the challenge. you can even decoupage this papers, my dear friends.

                     Fine, I have left some inspirations and ideas for you to make some crafty stuff this weekend. I will take leave now. Keep an eye here on the blog for more upcoming DT works from my team.

Love you all. Thanks for the patience.
Roshini....


    Supplies used from store:


13 comments: