Good morning & welcome again!
This is Tanvi, here to announce the last challenge of 2016. As always it is ANYTHING GOES using Itsy Bitsy Color Splash Sprays
Here are some guidelines to participate. Simple & easy to follow -
ITSY BITSY CHALLENGE#3-2016
Theme - Anything Goes using Color Splash Sprays
- Submission can be a card, box, tag, scrapbook layout, decoupage, altered art, home decor - anything as long as it is handmade and complies with the theme.
- Please follow our blog to be eligible.
- Turn off word verification to enable us to leave comments.
- Entries can be submitted until 25th of each month.
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries. Please add numbers 1,2,3 while submitting multiple entries.
- Please link to your post and not just your blog.
- In your blog post, create a link back to this page.
- Only projects posted during the Challenge period are eligible (no backlinking).
- Entries are welcome from all over the world however if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- If you don't have a blog and want to add your creation on Facebook, please upload it on our FB group page Itsy Bitsy Crafter's Cafe with the hashtag - #itsybitsychallenge316 & add the link here.
- TWO winners will be picked through random.org who will each receive a voucher of Rs.500 , redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in. Top 3 will be selected by the DT.
- You may link up with upto 10 challenges including ours.
In my previous post here I used the Highland Greetings paper pack. My post today too focuses on papers. As crafters we all have different needs wrt the thickness of papers, patterns, colors & so on. A cardmaker may like a print on a decoupage paper & vice versa! Keeping this in mind Itsy Bitsy has introduced the same prints in 3 different qualities to suit the needs of all! Isn't that wonderful???
I will be using all the different Chevron Aquarelle papers in my post today.
Let me warn you today's post is lengthy & picture heavy with loads of project!
CHEVRON AQUARELLE PAPER PACK (linen papers)
These are 12x12papers priced at Rs.200 for a pack of 12 sheets This gorgeous paper pack is brought to you by Little Birdie. These fine quality linen papers are exquisite, classy and available in 6 colors. These papers are acid free too, perfect for scrapbooking, card making, banner making, DIY and other creative projects.
We are in the last month of 2016. Each year I make a calendar for my craft studio. Sharing the 2017 calendar I made using the whitewash alterable photoframe. On the sides of the frame I used the chevron decoupage paper (will talk about this is detail in a while). Splashes & splatters of the berry blast color sprays added some drama to the monochrome colors, Stencils & modelling paste some textures! Embellished the front with pearls, diecuts & flowers.
Glued a small wooden cloth pin to hold some notes & reminders!
For the calendars months I have used all the 12 papers in the pack! A new look every month!
My next project uses decoupage papers from the Chevron Aquarelle Range. This paper is available in all the 12 prints I have used in the calendar. Sold as individual sheets at Rs.20, this 60 gsm paper is perfect & a must have for decoupage lovers! Wait until I share my decoupage project!
I first prepared my decoupage base by priming it with two coats of gesso, followed by dabbing several shades of acrylic colors to match uneven shades in the paper print. I was very happy with the outcome! Later I trimmed the paper to size & decoupaged it on the base.
Added some stenciling in a darker shade for some added texture & layers!
CARD STOCK CHEVRON AQUARELLE
Finally I am sharing a few cards I made using the card stock range of Chevron Aquarelle papers. Once again sold as single sheets of 12x12 in all the 12 designs, these are 250gsm papers, so perfect to use as a card base!
What I like about the cheron aquarelle range is the prints are so busy & colors so soothing & subtle creating a faux layered & textured look.
This set of cards is simple & yet has so many details die cuts, frame, stencil texture & don't miss the heat embossing on acetate!
This brings us to the end of this post. Remember you have until December 25th, 2016 to link up your entries!
Do visit us again as we bring you loads of inspiration using Color Splash sprays.
Supplies used -