Saturday, October 8, 2016

Fabulous Cards by Hussena Calcuttawala

Hello All, today we have an extremely talented crafter, a crafter who probably needs no introduction, Hussena Calcuttawala!

She is passionate about card making & Quilling & her fabulous cards are creatively adorned with  stunning flowers & foliage! Over to Hussena:

Hello, everyone!
This is Hussena here. I have been a craft blogger for over 4 years now and I love to try out different types of craft and techniques related to it. My current crafty passion is card-making and I am head over heals in love with it. I usually love working with florals and all my work has some element of flowers in them.

When I was invited for this Guest Design spot for Itsy Bitsy, I was really thrilled as I love all the products that Itsy Bitsy carries, but especially the gorgeous range of flowers and foliage that Itsy Bitsy carries and that too in such pocket-friendly budget.

Today, I have three projects to share. One is a card and two are note-cards. So without further ado. let's get on with it.

Here's a look at my card first :




And a look at the two note-cards :




I have used some really beautiful pattern papers which were sent in my kit along with the gorgeous flowers from Itsy Bitsy's new release Margarita Carnation from the Little Birdie range. Itsy Bitsy have also launched some really amazing Stencil designs and Burlap embellishments which are all included in all three of my projects.

I also have a small tutorial to share on how I created the background for my card and the products used.

Step 1 - I have used a peach colored card base which was sent to me in the kit along with a piece of pattern paper which I have distressed using a pair of scissors & colored the edges using two different shades of Distress inks.

Step 2 - After distressing, I glued the pattern paper to the cardbase & then using a stencil from Itsy Bitsy (Floral) and some Mont Marte Modelling Paste, I did some stenciling using a Spatula to add some texture. I also added a bit of Distress ink to the Modelling Paste to give it a hint of colour.

Here is how it looks once the stenciling is done!
Step 3 - This is what I have used for embellishing my card. The Pattern papers that you see on the left were the ones i have worked with & the little flower embellishments were created using flowers from this set. I absolutely love the Glitter Paper from Itsy Bitsy & I have used it for die-cutting my leaf & foliage. Also used some dies for embellishing my card.

This border die by Spellbinders is absolutely regal & so intricate. I absolutely love using this.


And here's a final look at all the projects together.

The note-cards were die-cut from the Itsy Bitsy Nesting Dies & I die-cut it from the same pattern papers. The jute strings that you see on my card & note-cards are also from Itsy Bitsy. I have used a lot of embellishments and the background for my brown note-card was created using the Leaf Stencil. The green leaves that I have used on my blue note-card are also created using the stencil & then fussy-cut it into the leaf shape to create my embellishment. The purple pollens are also from the store. 

I hope you like what I have created. I would like to thank Rashmi & her team for inviting me over (and also for their patience). This post was scheduled for nearly a month back, but due to some personal reasons, it couldn't go live.

If you have any queries regarding any of the projects, or supplies used, please leave me a comment below & I will get back to you.

Thank you so much for your visit!
Have a good day ahead.

11 comments:

  1. As always...Your projects looted the heart...Absolutely love the super shabby chic projects and the floral spray is ever catchy ones on ur cards, Hussena !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly marvellous pieces of art work, Hussena. Your talent never fails to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always Hussena you have done wonders with the flowers! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not just liked but totally in love with them ! You create most beautiful floral custers Hussena and what to say about your color choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Gorgeous cards! In love with your flowers and lovely arrangement of all embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab!! ur creations are never short of the wow! factor....just love ur color combos...and welcome on IB

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous cards hussena. floral blooms are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my they are all just stunning, I love that peach color, like how you did a portion of the background with the paste, your flowering arranging is always so lovely and all the extra touches you have added makes it extra special, love the shaped cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous creations as always Hussena, great to have you on our blog!

    ReplyDelete