Saturday, August 13, 2016

Decoupage - Galvanized Metal Bucket

This is Tanvi wishing you all a very good morning!
I am in love with the wide range of decoupage blanks, papers & glue available at Itsy BitsyDecoupage glue is available in both glossy & matte finish, this glue is acid-free and can be used  as a topcoat and sealer. It can also be used on surfaces such as wood, metal, glass, paper & fabric (not wearables). This glue is great for image transfers and sealing quilled embellishments as well.  
My DT kit included a galvanized tin pail, decoupage glue & some gorgeous decoupage papers.




Here is how I used them - 


To begin I spray painted the inside of the bucket with black acrylic spray & primed the outer surface. I selected the motifs to be used & carefully fussy cut it. These were then decoupaged, Using a sponge dauber I then blended the blank primed surface with acrylic colors to match the decoupage paper. Loved the outcome!


I used silicon glue to add hemp twine to the top & bottom rims of the pail & partly on the handles too. 
I created a brick pattern using a stencil using a stencil brush. Once dry I muted the green by rubbing metallic gold over the green & the edges of the bucket.



The metallic gold was used on the rims & the handle too. This created the perfect rustic look I wanted to create! To finish I varnished the pail.






Hope you like the final outcome too!
Have a great weekend & happy crafting!
Hugs,
Tanvi.

 Stencil 

7 comments:

  1. You have created magic with the galvanised bucket, just loved the look Tanvi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful!!! Wow is the word. Looks v classy. Thanks for sharing the technique. Im wondering which varnish did you use?
    Preeti D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks as if directly out from some nursery rhyme. Loved it totally. Never knew tin could be made so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is super awesome!!! I loved the rustic look..

    ReplyDelete