Thursday, July 21, 2016

Crafter In The Spotlight 7 - Itsy Bitsy

Hello friends!! Itsy Bitsy brings you "CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT" – a unique way of encouraging and appreciating the talented crafters. We recognize talented crafters week after week, turn the spotlight on them & feature them in our "CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT"! We love what you talented crafters create & are amazed at each of your unique creations every single day! We love the way you use Itsy Bitsy products & give life to those products.

We are very excited to announce this week’s “CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT” - July 2016 – PRIYANKA JAIN ! We are very excited to announce this week’s “ CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT” - July 2016 – PRIYANKA JAIN ! Having graduated in Finance, this talented crafter has always loved crafting & in 2011 decided to make it her profession! :-) Art Journalling & Mixed Media are her favourites & her works are very vibrant, colourful & tastefully embellished with her treasured flowers! :-). 
She has been an active participant in Itsy Bitsy Crafters Café & we would love to see many more creations from her in the future! She will receive Rs 500 voucher from Itsy Bitsy & a " CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT" badge .
CONGRATULATIONS Priyanka Jain! Wishing you loads of success on your creative Journey.



Here are excerpts of my interview with Priyanka:

Rashmi Closepet, MD, Itsy Bitsy : Tell us a bit about yourself, your background? Where are you originally from?
Priyanka Jain : Hi. I am Priyanka Jain, have done my graduation in financial markets. I reside in Mumbai. Have my own gifting business. I love making SCRAPBOOKS cause I love capturing memories.
And as for now I am currently doing my wedding shopping. (lol- getting married in December.)

RC : How did you get into crafting?
PJ : Since a young age, art and craft has always been a hobby and a passion for me.
I had done various crafting classes in my childhood like quilling, origami, papier-mache, drawing, charcoal painting. And I used to make handmade gifts and scrapbooks for my near and dear ones. It was then in 2011, that I decided to take my interest in crafting to a next level and chose to be an entrepreneur with the support of my family.

RC : What is your favourite type of craft?
PJ I like crafts in which there are no hard and fast rules and regulations. I have always wanted to do what I feel like. So my favorites would be mix media and art journaling. It always comes from your heart.
Just take your brushes and paints and start creating.

RC : What are your favourite products at Itsy Bitsy?
PJ That’s a real difficult one. Whenever I go to the kurla shop at Mumbai, my fiancé has to literally drag me out of the shop. I love all the products but if I had to choose one it would be the handmade boutique flowers. I seriously hoard them.

RC : What products from Itsy Bitsy do you think are must have’s for a crafter?
PJ The embellishments, flowers and the chipboards and the paper stack. And their currently added stencils, super favourite!

RC : What product would you like to see at Itsy Bitsy?
Since I love Itsy Bitsy flowers, I would love to see more handmade flowers.
PJ I would also want to see more mix media products and more distress inks.

RC : What do you do to make your workplace inspiring?
PJ Art journal quotes as they always inspire me to do a little more. My art journal pages depict who I am.

RC : What are your other interests?
PJ I am a part time teacher, so I enjoy teaching kids. I also like reading and traveling.
 
RC : If you had magic powers, what would you want to contribute to the Crafting world?
PJ I would use my magic powers to create more shops and boutiques in India like Michaels, where it would be more easy and accessible for crafters to get all the stuff they desire under one roof.
Or probably create a shop where you get free craft goodies. (lol.. because as we all know crafting is an expensive hobby.)

RC : What is your most treasured possession in your craft stash?
PJ The Itsy Bitsy handmade boutique flowers. I can never get bored with them. Really my utter favourite. I think I have mentioned it a lot of times now. Lol. It really hurts when I have to part away with my flowers. 

RC : How would you describe your style of crafting?
PJ I love vibrant colors. Anything that catches the eyes. I also like to form a cluster on my art work to create a focal point.

RC : What do you do when you’re suffering a creative block?
PJ I would rather take a break, sip a coffee, go out, travel and start with a fresh mind, which surely helps. I would also watch more online videos that inspire me to overcome a creative block.

RC : How do you organize your time for crafting?
PJ I always used to work post lunch. That’s the apt time for me, as mornings and evenings are a little busy.
But now since wedding is on the cards, I hardly get any time to get crafty. But I promise I will get back on track. Can’t do without crafting. After all, it’s my first love.

RC : Tips for people who want to craft?
PJ Just follow your heart. Do whatever you like. Create your own signature patterns and style. Get inspired and keep inspiring others.
JUST KEEP SWIMMIMG sorry CRAFTING.
LOVE,
PRIYANKA JAIN.
MY FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/justforyoucreation/

Here are a couple of Priyanka’s awesome creations :




Many congrats Priyanka for being the CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT - ITSY BITSY :-) :-)

You will receive Rs 500/- Itsy Bitsy gift voucher :-) :-) & a Crafter in the Spotlight badge, which can be proudly displayed on the side bar of your blog.
Also, visit our Youtube channel to view & to know more about this crafter - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZK6uA7bEiE&feature=youtu.be
Looking forward to many more creations, Happy Crafting!

7 comments: