Thursday, June 16, 2016

Crafter In The Spotlight 2 - Itsy Bitsy

Hello friends!! Itsy Bitsy brings you "CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT" – a unique way of encouraging and appreciating the talented crafters.

We are very excited to announce the second crafter in the spotlight for June 2016 - Alpna Kale. She is a postgraduate in commerce and loves to paint. She also loves to make cards, albums and is now experimenting in mixed media. She has been an active participant in Itsy Bitsy Crafters Café since its inception & we wish her loads of success on this creative journey of hers & would love to see many more creations from her in the future.


Here are excerpts of my interview with Alpna -

Rashmi Closepet, MD, Itsy Bitsy : Tell us a bit about yourself, your background? Where are you originally from, your Work, family etc?
Alpna Kale : I am a postgraduate in commerce. Did Advance Diploma in Multimedia and have around 5 years of experience in graphic designing. I left my job as God blessed us with a son. I started my career again as a crafter when my son was 4. I'm originally from Meerut (U.P.) but from last 11 years I was in Mumbai after marriage and now I'm residing in a beautiful place Goa.

RC : How did you get into crafting?
AK :  I have the flair for art and craft from childhood. I did my first oil painting at the age of 10. I used to spend my vacations doing paintings or experimenting some new craft. As I grew up other things engaged me more than my hobby. Then I got married and blessed with a baby boy and I fulfilled my duties as a wife and as a mother but the talent of doing things in a different way was there. One fine day my brother gave my an idea to start a business of making hand made gifts. I discussed this with my husband and he supported me a lot to start a venture of making gifts.

RC : What is your favourite type of craft?
AK : I love to make cards, albums and now I'm experimenting in mixed media & my favourite is Paper Craft.

RC : What are your favourite products at Itsy Bitsy?
AK : Stamps, stencils, dies, flowers, chip board cuttings, cutting mat and so on. Actually I love the whole store.

RC : What products from Itsy Bitsy do you think are must have’s for a crafter?
AK : Stamps, chip board cuttings, cutting mat, dies, stencils are the must haves for any crafter from itsy bitsy store.

RC : What product would you like to see at Itsy Bitsy?
AK : More dies, sentiment stamps, stencils and Cricut Explore Air

RC : You draw inspiration from
AK : Everything. Pinterest, Instagram and some times even kids inspires me to choose my project.

RC : What are your other pastimes?
AK : Reading books and watching Hollywood romantic movies.

RC : What would you be doing if you were not crafting?
AK : Cuddling a book or watching some good movie.

RC : If you had magic powers, what would you want to contribute to the Crafting world ?
AK : Everyday a new technique.

RC : What is your most treasured possession in your craft stash?
AK : My big shot which I purchased few months back.

RC : What do you do when you’re suffering a creative block
AK : take a break and next day start the same thing with new angle.

RC : How would you describe your style of crafting?
AK : Difficult question.... I guess simple and classy.

RC : How do your time & yourself organized?
AK : Again a difficult question, but I organize my time according to the project. Once I start the new thing I like to finish it in one shot.

RC : Tips for people who want to craft?
AK : Dare to experiment. Don't be afraid of doing a new thing.

Here are a couple of Alpna's awesome creations -





Many congrats Alpna for being the CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT - ITSY BITSY :-) :-) 
You will receive Rs 500/- Itsy Bitsy gift voucher :-) & a Crafter in the Spotlight badge, which can be proudly displayed on the side bar of your blog.

Also, visit our Youtube channel to view & to know more about this crafter - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPJ3pWFqvb8
 Looking forward to many more creations, Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks you so much much for featuring me in the spotlight...😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Alpana!! Nice to read about you.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work looking forward to more all the best

    ReplyDelete