Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!!! Fun and Easy Kids Costumes



Today is Halloween so Happy Halloween folks! Here in India, we don't celebrate it much but we are aware how big it is overseas and the heat is catching on. Of course the key ingredient is the costume so I decided to get a bit crafty with it.


I found this fabulous idea on Spoonful.com which not only provided the steps but also included a super template. I added a few tweaks here and there. For example, I replaced the red and black felt with card stock - far easier to find and work with. I also replaced the hat containing the antennae with a hairband containing the antennae. The black circles were cut using a circle framelit die - the biggest size and some broad satin ribbon kept the wings in place. 


And here's my little girl Kyra modelling her ladybug antennae. Isn't she looking precious! She is becoming quite a pro showing off my craft projects for Itsy Bitsy - check out more projects for Kyra here and here

Did you try making a costume this Halloween? Leave a comment and let me know. Would LOVE to hear from you! Till then Happy Crafting!!

Supplies Used

5 comments:

  1. OMG! She is so cute and the ladybug costume is very sweet.. Happy Halloween.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is Cute in the costume sunehra..lovely costume..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo wow...... she is super cute.... n such a beautiful costume

    ReplyDelete