As you know, ItsyBitsy is a Hobby and Craft Supplies MEGASTORE so if your hobby extends to art and painting, then this is your definitive destination for all things arty! So when I wanted some wall art for my kids' room, I figured I'd best do it myself and with ItsyBitsy around, it was easy peasy!
The MontMart range at ItsyBitsy is extraordinary! You've got literally EVERYTHING - from brush sets, to paints, to mediums, to canvases to easels. I decided to go with acrylic paints on a canvas background so everything you see here is painted as such.
I know what you're thinking - 'wow, Sunehra's an artist' - not quite! My mother taught me this fantastic way to draw perfect pictures. It's actually the approach followed in many kids activity books to help them draw but I never did it as a kid and I am seeing it's benefits only now.
- First, I find a picture online that suits my project.
- I print it out on a piece of paper.
- With a pencil and ruler, I create a grid of 12 squares on this printout encompassing the entire picture.
- Then I create a similar grid of 12 squares on my canvas with a pencil.
- I then attempt to copy the picture by using the grid as a guide.
- Once I'm done, I erase the grid lines from the canvas which is not easy so make sure the grid lines are very lightly drawn.
Once I was done, I went to my local frame shop and got it framed in different colours. They had a great kids range, brightly coloured frames - perfect for my creations.
What do you think of my wall art? Have you tried anything for your home? Would love to see. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to pop by!