Saturday, August 17, 2013

Vintage Tags


I was in a very vintage mood the other day and wanted to embrace all things vintage. Maybe it was because I had recently picked up the DCWV Heirloom Stack or perhaps it was because of the Chipboard Lasercuts I saw at the Itsy Bitsy store or maybe it was the Spellbinders borderabilities dies I added to my stash - whatever the reason, I was itching to go Vintage and since I've never made tags before, I thought I would give it a try. 


The fact is that Itsy Bitsy really has a fabulous stock of vintage supplies so creating my vintage tags was such a breeze. For my first one, I took this newspaper design from the Heirloom stack and laid it over a tag of black card stock. Then I took my Spellbinders Contemporary Hearts Borderabilities die to create these 2 strips at the bottom of the tag. Isn't mesmerizing! Next I created a square using the same borderabilites die to serve as a background for the piece de resistance! The Chipoard laser cut Vintage Lock and Key set. A black organza ribbon finished off my tag and I gotta say, this tag was really easy  to do and ultimately really successful!


Nothing screams vintage more than the old fashioned mannequin chipboard lasercut at Itsy Bitsy. It was so easy to create my theme with this fabulous embellishment. I took a crossword sheet from the Heirloom stack over black card stock again. Then I added this adorable 3.5" doily from Itsy Bitsy, it's part of their new doily range, so compact and versatile. Next an organza ribbon bow with a fabric flower in the centre from the top of the tag and as a final touch I added one of my favourite Blue Moon charms at Itsy Bitsy - the scissor charm. This charm has vintage touch with the swirls around the scissor  handles so  I thought it went perfectly with my theme!


For my final tag I decided to incorporate some of the divine Vintage blooms at Itsy Bitsy. I added a deep brown paper from the Heirloom stack to black card stock and placed a gardenia flourish for some swirl. Then I glued two Antique Fusion Vintage Blooms at optimal spots on the tag. I realised I hadn't used pearls in any of my vintage projects and pearls are the essence of vintage so I added a few on the corner. 

I just LOVE my vintage tags. I love that they were so easy to do, I love that they look so great and I love that the theme came through. That said, I have no idea what to do with them now - Ha ha!

How do you like my Vintage Tags - I would very much like to hear your views. Leave a comment and let me know. Till then Happy Crafting Folks!

Supplies Used

21 comments:

  1. All the three tags are beautiful. I loved the way you added lace to chipboard mannequin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep I loved that bit too.. little touches go a long way

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous.Love that paper and the chippies and the metal embellies are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks so much pallavi, that charm is a delight isn't it

      Delete
  3. gorgeous vintage tags sunehra, loving all

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous tags, Sunehra!! love that little piece of lace on the mannequin, it is just for such opportune moments that one can justify hoarding all kinda scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are absolutely right! I had just a scrap and it just went perfectly here!

      Delete
  5. These are such beautiful tags Sunehra!...You have maintained the vintage theme so well with the papers,the chipboard's and the embellies....Loved all three of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those papers from the Heirloom stack are just a testimony in vintage! Can't go wrong with them

      Delete
  6. For some reason cant see any images!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! How did I miss these awesome tags? :/

    These are soooo beautiful Sunehra, each and every one of them is! My favorite is the one with mannequin!

    ReplyDelete