Monday, August 12, 2013

Saying Thank You with Cupcakes


A few weeks ago I was in a real flap. I was due to travel overseas and suddenly found out that my papers weren't in order. I suddenly needed to get a whole bunch of new documents in a very short time. Two very sweet uncles of mine really came through for me and helped me sort out all these issues. I really wanted to give them something special to say thanks and since I'm a crafter and baker, the obvious gift was Cupcakes in a Gift Box


For the first box, my colour scheme of choice was red, black and white. I took papers from the Fresh Floral Stack to cover the box base, and used black card stock for the lid. Then I used the Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Border die to create a dramatic border on the base and lid, love that fabulous almost Gothic design. I finished it off with a chipboard flourish, some Itsy Bitsy flowers, a card and some ribbon.


Here's a look at the inside of the box. Using some black card stock, the Itsy Bitsy Circle Die and some glue, I made this partitioned insert for this box. Each cupcake went neatly into its respective section so that they would remain untouched and unaffected until the box was opened. 


Here's a look at the 2nd box I created. This time I went a little vintage. I recently got the DCWV Heirloom stack from Itsy Bitsy and I have to say, the papers are just pure vintage! I used this awesome design for the box base and for card on top. For the lid, I was going to once agin use a borderabilities die, but then I found a doily in my stash. I placed it on top, and added 2 die cuts from the Spellbinders Kaleidoscope die. Then I used some brown roses with stem to make this beautiful arrangement on top. The final touch was a big satin bow! Here's a closeup of the flowers. 


And once again, here's the inside of the box with the cupcake dividers. I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. The cupcake liners I used are from the Itsy Bitsy baking range. Really perfectly sized for a compact little cupcake.


My uncles were just overwhelmed with the gift. One of them is a cupcake addict so he was so appreciative. The other was quite taken aback with the effort. I guess they are not familiar with how insanely obsessed we crafters get with our projects!

What do you think of my little Thank You gift. Leave a comment and let me know. Would love to hear from you! Till then Happy Crafting Folks!

Supplies Used

10 comments:

  1. Your satin bow is awesome Sunehra and its so wonderful to see how at ease you have become with all sorts of themes-cheerful, vintage, toned down etc etc!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gesture Sunehra!! You've taken great effort to say thank you , love the boxes, my fav is the vintage one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely Sunehra!! The cupcakes look yummy!! the vintage box is superb!!
    -Berina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the boxes are lovely. Very unique way of thanking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both your gift boxes look awesome Sunhera :) ..what a sweet way to say Thank you ..:) You have put so much effort in creating both the boxes and cupcakes its no wonder it was so appreciated by your uncles !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...these are amazing Sunehra....I tried my hand at making cupcake boxes too for my daughter's birthday....small ones for just one cupcake....but they are very simple! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. waoh that's soo awesome lovely boxes & cupcakes look so yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent cakes, I really love these type of cakes Mixes cakes Mixes and i will try to make this type of cake. But i also want to say thanks so much very much too much for showing these type of cakes.

    ReplyDelete