Folks, it's a new month and time for a brand new challenge here at Itsy Bitsy. But before we get to that we have something fabulous to celebrate here at Itsy Bitsy. We are thrilled to announce that Itsy Bitsy is now the exclusive distributor of Sizzix supplies in India. Isn't that awesome! So now whenever you purchase a Sizzix product, you can be sure it came from us.
In addition to celebrating the Sizzix announcement, we also want to create a month of learning and sharing for all our crafter friends. There is so much creativity in our little crafty world so why not spread the knowledge and pass along some tips. Your challenge this month is to create a project using some product from Sizzix and add a tutorial in your submission. For the jewellery makers we understand that it is quite impossible to add a Sizzix product in your submission so only the tutorial is required in your submission.
And for inspiration - here is what I created! It is the cover of mini album scrapbook I am making for a friend who just delivered her 4th baby girl. Hence the title is aptly called "The Princess Diary".
So to comply with the guideline of the challenge, I decided to use the Sizzix Tattered Florals Die from Tim Holtz in this project. Here's a close up of the flowers I made using this die. The papers are pink punch papers and glitter sheets from Itsy Bitsy. Here's a close up of the flowers:
I also had some fun with the new range of WOW embossing powders at Itsy Bitsy. I picked up a gorgeous chipboard laser cut and head embossed it silver to complement my colour scheme of pink, black, white and silver.
I added this adorable princess dress embellishment also from Itsy Bitsy. It was so apt since the entire project is all about bling, sparkle and bright pink!
Finally as per our challenge rules, I have included a tutorial for this inspiration post. I have made a video demonstrating how I made the flowers, embossed the laser cut and basically put this entire project together. Hope you like it and find yourself learning a couple of tips and tricks too.
- For the Paper/ General crafting project, your submission can be a card, box, tag, scrapbook layout, dress, embroidery, crochet work etc - anything as long as it is handmade and includes a Sizzix product and contains a tutorial.
- For the jewellery making project, your submission must be some form of jewellery and once again must incorporate a tutorial in the submission. You are not required to include a Sizzix element in the jewellery making submissions
- The tutorial can be a video or picture tutorial.
- Quilled jewellery or jewellery made out of paper beads will fall under the Jewellery making category.
- The contest closes at midnight on 31st July 2013
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the end of this post, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission. There is a separate button for each category.
- If you do not have a blog, please create an album on any online photo gallery, ensure the settings are public and link it up as detailed in point 6. Ensure the tutorial photos are included in your album.
- We will no longer be accepting submissions via email however for any doubt, please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries within each category
- Submitting old projects is not permitted. All submissions have to be created after 5th July 2013
- In your blog post, create a link back to this page - The ItsyBitsy Sizzix Tutorial Challenge.
- Entries are welcome from all over the world however if you are the winner, we can only ship your prize to an Indian address.
- 2 winners will be selected, one for jewellery making and one for paper/general crafting who will each receive a voucher of Rs. 1000 each, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- In addition 3 to 6 finalists in each category will be selected all of whom will receive a badge to display on their blog.
- We would love it if you display our new badge on your blog, you can find it on the sidebar.
Also stay tuned to our next post where we will share a fabulous jewellery making inspiration for this challenge along with a video tutorial! See you soon!
Submissions - General/ Paper Crafting
Submissions Jewellery Making