Crafters! Once again we had a stellar response to our Kiss Challenge. 115 entries! Fabulous work! We were also thrilled to see a number of first time bloggers/ challenge entries on the list. That makes us very happy as the goal of this entire exercise is to bring out the crafter in just about everyone!
Now on to our next challenge. I'm sure you'll agree that good things so often come in pairs - like mom and dad, ice-cream and cones, birthdays and parties etc. So in honor of the power of 2, we are asking you to create something with a complementary supporting addition. A set of two creations that match/ complement each other. Perhaps a bag with a matching tag, or a card with a matching envelope or an easel chest of drawers with a matching box, which is what I made as inspiration for this challenge.
I've done a video tutorial on how to make the chest of drawers easel card as well as the box. You can visit our Tutorials Page and watch them at leisure. The girl in the picture and the sentiments are digi's that I fussy cut and colored. Here are a few more photographs of the pair.
So here are your challenge guidelines:
- Your submission must be a pair of handmade creations and one should support/ complement the other. Submitting 2 matching cards is not what we're looking for. There has to be one main creation and the another that matches or complements it.
- If we feel something doesn't quite fit our guideline, we will not consider it for evaluation.
- The contest closes at midnight on 31st December 2012.
- In order to submit your entry, click on the inlinkz button provided at the bottom of this page, add your image and link to your blog post containing the submission.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 entries.
- Participants can withdraw entries at any time before the contest closes by deleting their own submission.
- Submitting old projects is not permitted. All submissions have to be created after 1st December 2012.
- In your blog post, create a link back to this page - The ItsyBitsy Two's Company Challenge.
- 2 winners will be selected and will receive a voucher of Rs. 1000 each, redeemable online at www.itsybitsy.in.
- In addition 6 finalists will be selected all of whom will receive a badge to display on their blog.
So that's about it. All the very best! Looking forward to some extremely interesting interpretations of this challenge. You crafters are the most creative people I know so let's see your take on this challenge.
Before I sign off, here are a list of the products I used for this project.
|Hot Pink Pearl Card Stock|
|Crystal Tubes Passion (Rhinestones)|
|Nursery Baby Matstack|
|Pink Pearl Card Stock|
|Pink Grosgran Ribbon|
|Pearl Stickers Kaisercraft|
|Thick Stripy White Card Stock|